Hair is made from nutrients in the body and nutritional deficiencies can cause hair damage and hair loss. Biotin deficiencies have been linked to hair loss and skin disorders whilst sufficient levels of B vitamins are also necessary for hair health and growth.
Many Western diets are lacking in nutrients and a poor diet may contribute to early onset of hair loss symptoms in people genetically prone to hair loss.
The whey protein concentrate formulation in Help Hair™ contains structural proteins to help make hair stronger, healthier and with less breakage.
Help Hair™ Protein shake contains nutrients and herbs specially selected for their positive effects on hair including these nutrients per 32 g serving:
- Niacin (vitamin B3) 200% DV (Daily Value) improves circulation including blood flow in the scalp
- Folate 100% DV a B vitamins to help reduce the impact of stressors
- Vitamin B12 100% DV a B vitamin to help reduce the impact of stressors
- Biotin 833% DV Deficiency can cause hair loss
- Zinc 133% DV Enhances immune function, which can stimulate hair growth
- Manganese 100% DV essential to proper hair growth, deficiency is associated with hair loss
- Foti Root (Ho Shou Wu or Polygonum multiflorum) a popular Chinese herb traditionally used for many reasons, including to darken premature gray hair, hair darkening, hair thickening and hair regrowth
- Kudzo Root Chinese herb, the second richest plant source of isoflavenones which researchers believe may have a positive effect on blood flow and micro-circulation
- Pumpkin Seed may help regulate testosterone levels
- Honeysuckle Flower helpful for skin health
- Chrysanthemum Flower used in Chinese medicine may have anti-inflammatory properties
- PABA may help restore greying hair to its original colour
- Chlorophyll in chocolate flavoured Help Hair™ shake can remove sebum which carries DHT
Help Hair™ Protein shake contains the natural sweetener stevia and an added proprietary amino acid blend in a specific ratio including:
- L-Aspartic acid,
- L-Glutamic Acid,
- Amino acids are the building blocks of the body, including hair.
Growth hormones are sometimes taken to build muscle, but can alter the body’s hormones and may therefore exacerbate hair loss. Help Hair™ Protein contains no growth hormones.
Additionally, the cows producing the whey for Help Hair™ are not injected with Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH), a genetically engineered hormone used by dairy farmers to increase milk production.
Milk products from animals injected with rBGH have higher levels of IFG-1, a growth hormone that is usable by humans. Therefore, Help Hair™ does not contain extra growth hormones that may contribute to hair loss.